Equine Leadership Group
The Headwaters Equine Leadership Group, as a committee of the Hills of Headwaters Tourism Association, is a collaborative initiative of regional stakeholders who are committed to the importance of the equine sector in our Headwaters regions.
The Headwaters Equine Leadership Group’s vision is to promote the Headwaters region as a centre of equine excellence in the province of Ontario, and to support, grow and advocate for this vital sector of our regional economy.
The Headwaters Equine Leadership group is committed to:
- Promoting the Headwaters region as a destination and a centre of equine excellence;
- Facilitating economic development opportunities that support the growth and sustainability of the equine sector in the Headwaters region;
- Identifying opportunities to enhance regional equine industry capacity and to work with partners to capitalize on these opportunities;
- Supporting public education and accessibility as it pertains to the equine sector in the Headwaters region;
- Nurturing positive and supporting working relationships with municipal partners, equine sector businesses, groups and organizations, and other community and business partners;
- Capitalizing on opportunities presented by the TO2015 PanAm/Parapan Games that will be hosted in the Headwaters region.
The Headwaters Equine Leadership Group includes:
- Ross Millar Committee Chair (Can Am Equine Expo)
- Michele Harris (Hills of Headwaters Tourism Association)
- Ron Munro (Dufferin.biz)
- Theresa Sauren (Dufferin.biz)
- Elaine Capes (Councillor, Town of Mono)
- Sandra Dolson (Economic Development Officer, Town of Caledon)
- Keith Timmings (Rocky Creek Ranch)
On January 25, 2013 the Ontario Trillium Foundation showed their support of the work of the Headwaters Equine Leadership Group by providing funding to help the development of the Headwaters region as a centre of equine excellence in Ontario. Read the full story.
The Hills of Headwaters Tourism Association is pleased to introduce Headwaters Horse Country at the Can Am All Breeds Equine Expo. The Headwaters Horse Country initiative will promote the region as a centre of equine excellence, and will celebrate the region’s equine and agriculture heritage. We are pleased to present two seminars for the equestrian professional at the Orangeville Event Centre. On Thursday, March 28th at 1:00 p.m. Jeff Bowman of the Marketing Pad, in collaboration with the Orangeville and Area Small Business Enterprise Centre, will present “Introduction to Social Media in the Equine Sector”, an overview of social media for marketing your equine business and the best uses of Linked In, Twitter, Facebook and blogging.
On Sunday, March 31st, at 1:00 p.m. Shelly Sargent of Caledon Media and Sargent Communications will present “Managing Multiple Social Media Platforms”, tips, tools and short cuts for the busy equestrian, and social media etiquette. Seminars are free with the price of admission. Current news from the Headwaters Equine Leadership Group can be found at www.headwatershorsecountry.ca.